UWE Wellbeing & Mental Health Support
Starting university is a really exciting time, but it can also be challenging and sometimes things don't go to plan.
According to the charity Mind, 1 in 4 people will experience a mental health problem each year and 1 in 6 people, in England , report experiencing a common mental health problem such as depression or anxiety in any given week. Your mental health is just as important as your physical health - so don't ignore it - seek the help you need as soon as possible.
Our Wellbeing team are here to listen to you and help you through difficult times. It's all confidential. You can register online and they'll get in touch to arrange a consultation at your campus.
Or come to the WellBeing Service Office (in Felixstowe Court) to register and book an appointment.
If you have a serious concern about your own or another student's wellbeing, please call the serious concerns line: +44 (0)117 8400 or text 'UWE' to 85258.
In addition to the Wellbeing service at UWE, you or someone you may know might like to tap into support from:
- Your GP - They can provide you with mental health support
- Off the Record - A mental health social movement by and for young people aged 11-25 living in Bristol and South Gloucestershire with lots of different types of support available
- The Samaritans - A charity that provides confidential emotional support
- Womankind - Bristol women's therapy centre provide confidential and accessible services to woman in Bristol
- The Bridge - The Bridge is a Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC). We offer medical care, emotional and psychological support, and practical help to anyone who has been raped or sexually assaulted.
- Bristol Mind - Mental health charity with many services.
- Papyrus - The national charity dedicated to the prevention of young suicide.
- NHS Talking Therapies - A free and confidential NHS Service.
- Read Next
- Student Union Elections - Voting till 7th March Recycling BINGO - 11th March Chess Lover? Or just curious..? 14th and 21st March Up coming events for MARCH Bridget Jones Diary Film Night at Glenside - 8th March Bristol Light Festival 2024 Trip National Student Money Week 4th - 8th March Housemate Mixers, 6th and 7th March
- Overnight Visitor Policy Student Village | Post and Parcels Bristol Guide: International Supermarkets Glenside & The Hollies | Local Area Guide Accommodation Customer Services Desks How to do your laundry at UWE Nearby shopping and amenities for students living on Campus Bringing your bike to Campus? 20 Essential apps for life in Bristol UWE campus maps